A warehouse management system (WMS) keeps track of the storage and movement of your goods within the facility. If you want to know where a particular product or shipment is at any given time, all you have to do is check the warehouse management system.
That is, of course, if the storage facility, whether in-house or third-party, is using a state-of-the-art warehouse management system.
In fact, the capabilities of the warehouse management system should be a top deciding factor when updating an in-house system or choosing a public warehouse.
A WMS monitors, controls, and optimizes the daily functions related to warehousing and distribution. Very basic functions pertain to moving and storing goods within the warehouse, such as receiving goods, stock put away according to bin utilization, locating goods, and shipping.
But when choosing a public warehouse, you want one with a more sophisticated WMS that can handle additional functions to better manage your supply chain.
In addition, you want a public warehouse with a modular WMS so you can select the functionality you need for your specific business processes and have the option to expand functionality as your business dictates.
More advanced WMS functions that will help your business stay competitive or expand globally include:
- Advanced shipping notifications from vendors to automate the receiving process;
- Inventory control;
- Order processing and management;
- Multiple picking methods;
- Inventory management and record keeping;.
- Cycle counting;
- Operating strategies that reduce errors and omissions and speed up distribution;
- Optimization strategies to streamline your goods throughout the entire supply chain to increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs;
- Automated data collection;
- Comprehensive accounting systems, including activity-based costing and billing.
Brendamour Warehousing Utilizes an Advanced WMS
Brendamour Warehousing, Distribution & Services has the most advanced warehouse management system available.
Because we are a public warehouse with a full complement of third party logistics (3PL) services, our WMS controls order fulfillment and processing functions, such as assembly work, picking, custom packing, bundling, labeling, and other special needs.
In addition, our WMS is capable of handling all aspects of inventory, shipping, and order tracking in the most efficient and cost-effective way, while ensuring speed and accuracy.
Our WMS Commitment
At Brendamour Warehousing, we are committed to providing efficient and accurate handling and inventory of our customers’ goods. That’s why we continue to upgrade our WMS as new technology is developed.
Our WMS also utilizes other technologies, such as bar code scanners, radio frequency identification (RFID), automatic identification and data capture, and mobile computers, that more efficiently handle the flow of goods and produce reports valuable to your business operations.
Our technologically advanced WMS is web-based, so you can submit orders from anywhere at any time, and access your real time inventory whenever and wherever you choose.
Our warehouse management system also provides a seamless link between order processing and logistics management. It is designed to make it easy for you to do business with your customers around the clock.
Our ultimate goal is to minimize order fulfillment times and costs so you can better serve your customers. We do this by:
- Maximizing warehouse space to reduce your warehousing costs.
- Ensuring requirements, such as first-in, first-out, proper material handling, etc., are being met.
- Helping you cut expenses by minimizing overstocks.
- Preventing lost sales by ensuring there is enough inventory on hand to meet demand.
- Warehousing popular or bundled products in an area that allows for speedier picking, packing, and shipping processes.
- Utilizing the best picking method based on the volume of your fulfillment.
- Reducing cycle times so you can enhance service to your customers.
- Carefully handling your goods when they arrive in our warehouse and when they are shipped so they arrive to the end customer in good condition.
- Utilizing task interleaving to achieve maximum productivity.
- Furnishing you with useful data so you know how long your goods are warehoused, the suppliers who provide them, and your peak demand seasons.
Get the Brendamour Advantage Today
To benefit from the added functionality a public warehouse with a sophisticated warehouse management system can provide to your business, simply contact Brendamour Warehousing, Distribution & Services.
We have the technology you need to boost your customer satisfaction levels, remain competitive, and lower your business costs.